Our international removals team will take away the headache of moving. We can move you and your possessions anywhere in the world, packing, transporting, delivering, assembling and unpacking your goods. Plus we’ll handle all the customs paperwork.
When you move overseas… we’re right there with you
Moving abroad is a big step and, although very exciting, there’s a lot to think about. Ballards can take the hard work away from you, supporting you throughout your move and making sure you’re settled in your new home.
Wherever you’re going in the world, Ballards have it covered. We are members of the British Association of Removals and FIDI, a global organisation representing international movers, so we have a lot of experience and reliable partners around the world, who understand the country you’re moving to, and will provide local support when you arrive at your destination.
International removals service
Let us know where you’re moving to and our estimator will sit down with you to go through the details and assess what you have to move, how it will need packing and what container size you will need. We can also give you guidance on specific aspects of your overseas removal, such as timescales, transport of unusual items, or how to take your pets with you.
Overseas shipping by Full Container Load
The safest way to move your furniture and possessions overseas is by shipping container, usually referred to as FCL (Full Container Load) Service. One 20ft shipping container is usually large enough for the contents of a 3 bedroom house. For larger consignments we can use 40ft containers.
Packing for your overseas move
To ensure that your move goes smoothly and without any unnecessary delays, we will take care of the packing for you. Professional packing is essential as many countries don’t like owner packed goods and these are the ones most often selected for intensive customs examination on arrival. Also standard boxes (e.g. as you might pick up from the supermarket) may not be accepted, particularly if they have previously contained food.
We offer a bespoke removal service for every customer, which can include:
- Our team of professional export packers will come to your home to pack everything up over a period of 2-3 days. We will provide appropriate, high quality, export packing materials and will pack everything carefully to ensure that your goods arrive at your overseas destination safe and sound.
- Any items that don’t fit into cartons are carefully wrapped in paper blankets, carded if necessary and we can even make special wood cases for fragile items.
- During the packing service our crew inventory all items in detail. This is necessary for customs clearance on arrival. You are given a copy of this for your own reference and the original would be sent to the destination office along with other documents needed for clearance purposes. Ballards will supply all the necessary customs forms for your new location and assist with the completion to ensure everything runs smoothly on arrival.
- Once all the packing is completed our team will then take time and care to pack and load into the shipping container on the day of the move. A seal is secured on the door of the container which is only then opened by customs on arrival if selected for examination, or on delivery if you can accept immediate delivery to your new home. • The shipping container is taken to the port to be loaded on the next available vessel and you will be kept updated on sailing times.
- When the container arrives at the destination port and has cleared customs, our agents can arrange temporary storage or transport the container directly to your home
- When you are ready, the container will be delivered to your new home, where our local agents will unload, unwrap, unpack and reassemble all of your furniture, ready for you to start your new adventure.
Moving small loads overseas
If you are looking to move just a few items and can’t fill a 20ft container, we may still be able to help via our network of third parties around the world. Just give us a call and we’ll try to arrange something for you.
Insurance for international moves
Although we take every care when packing your goods, occasionally when transporting your property by air or sea freight, problems can occur. We strongly recommend taking out Goods in Transit insurance to cover the whole trip. See our Removals Insurance page.
So if you are moving from Newark to New York or anywhere else, do give Ballards International Removals a call on 01777 871871, orRequest a quote