Our international removals team will take away the headache of moving. We can get you and your possessions anywhere in the world, packing, transporting, delivering, assembling and unpacking your goods. Plus we’ll handle all the customs paperwork.
When you move overseas… we’re right there with you
Moving abroad is a big step and, although very exciting, there’s a lot to think about. Ballards can take the hard work away from you, supporting you throughout your move and making sure you’re settled in your new home.
We work in partnership with trusted agents throughout the world, dealing with people who understand the country you’re moving to. We’ll give you local support when you and your possessions reach your destination.
International removals service
Let us know where you’re moving to and our estimator will sit down with you to assess what you have to move and the best way to do it. In some cases, we’ll also advise you on what might be best to leave behind.
We can also give you guidance on specific aspects of your overseas removal, such as timescales, transport of unusual items or how to take your pets with you.
Moving abroad with Ballards
Wherever you’re going in the world, Ballards have it covered. We are members of the British Association of Removals and FIDI, a global organisation representing international movers, so you are assured of a guaranteed level of service and full insurance cover for your overseas move.
We offer a bespoke removal service for every customer, which can include:
- Our crew to pack all small and breakable items into export-standard packaging boxes at your home
- All other household items are then wrapped, packaged and labelled
- An inventory is created where each item and box is given a number and brief details of each item noted down
- Your possessions loaded and stacked into a sea container by our crew
- Transportation of the container to the docks where it’s loaded on the ship destined for your port of arrival
- All the customs paperwork is produced by us and the destination agents instructed
- When the container arrives at port, our agents can arrange storage or the container can be transported directly to your home
When the container arrives at your new home our international household removals company agents will unload, unwrap, unpack and reassemble all of your furniture, placing it where you ask and removing the debris. It’s simple, really…
Insurance for international moves
Although we take every care, occasionally when transporting your property by air or sea freight, problems can occur. We strongly recommend taking out Goods in Transit insurance to cover the whole trip. See our Removals Insurance page.
To find out more about Ballards International removals services,
please call us on 01777 871871 Monday to Friday 7am to 5.30pm.