Success again as Matt Ballard is voted “Director of the Year”
As 2017 winners of the “Employer of the Year” category at the Midlands Family Business Awards, we are thrilled to have voted as winners again in 2018. This year, Matt Ballard has achieved the Director of the Year award in recognition of his significant role in developing this successful and highly regarded business.
The Family Business Awards are the organised by The Wilson Organisation in Nottingham, who created the not-for-profit awards scheme to celebrate family run and owned businesses across the Midlands. All awards are decided by an independent judging panel.
At the awards ceremony, held at the Athena in Leicester 22nd November 2018, Matt said:
“This is a huge honour for me and Ballards as a whole. I’m proud to be a key part of the business which was started by my parents, Richard and Janette, over 40 years ago. We strive to evolve the business in line with changing times and ensure that it continues to grow by providing the highest levels of service to all of our customers. This nomination is a reflection not only on me, but also on my parents, my brother Joe and our families – and everyone who works for Ballards”.
About Matt Ballard
Matt started helping out in the business at an early age, and was keen to learn the trade from the ground up, from floor sweeping to portering, HGV driving and team leadership, Matt has done it all. Having spent time working for other removal forms to build his knowledge and experience, Matt understands all elements of the business, and is able to direct, manage, develop and grow the business with both vision and clarity.
Some of Matt’s recent achievements include:
- Helping the business to diversify into new areas of business including self-storage, van hire, tippers, haulage and specialist handling
- Adapting Ballards marketing approach in line with the increased use of web technologies and social media, to make sure that Ballards have an engaging online presence and are seen as the professional, approachable company that they are
- Driving Ballards rebranding In 2016
- Managing the creation of Ballards new removals hub at Markham Moor and the relocation from Tuxford in August 2017
- Delivering real sustained growth and growing / developing the team including the trainee scheme initiative, with a structured 3 year training programme
- Securing major international contracts
What Richard Ballard says:
“Matt is a director who leads from the front and who is committed, fair, proven, astute, driven and heavily invested in his business, team and family. We are delighted that he has received this recognition of his achievements.”
You can see more information about the awards here http://www.familybusinessawards.co.uk.